Member and Development Services
JLN currently has an opening for a Member and Development Services role. Full-time (approximately 37.5 hours per week on average), non-exempt position. Pay and title to be finalized commensurate with experience applicable to the position. Progression from coordinator to manager role possible, depending on experience and growth potential. Benefit package upon completion of 90-day probationary period.
Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills. Positive attitude. Flexible. Customer service oriented. Manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Proficient computer skills, including membership database experience, mass e-mail system experience, and Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience in performing mail merges essential. Data analysis skills and knowledge of WordPress desired but not essential. Not-for-profit and/or membership/association experience ideal.Reports to: Managing Director
Accountable to: JLN President and President-Elect
The Member and Development Services position is responsible for greeting all JLN members and visitors. (S)he plays an integral role in setting a welcoming tone in the office. (S)he is a key source of information and is able to address and direct requests for assistance appropriately. (S)he performs important clerical tasks that provide vital assistance to the entire staff, JLN officers, committee chairs and members. (S)he ensures the integrity of the member database and may be involved in the analysis of the member database. (S)he provides support to officers and committee chairs by generating timely correspondence, assists in the production of publications and disseminates mass communications, including email blasts.
• Answer multiple line telephone system.
• Greet members and guests and assist with information sharing and administrative tasks.
• Updates member status changes in Digital Cheetah; works with Vice President of Membership and Placement Committee to assist members with baby leave, leave of absence and sabbatical, generating appropriate correspondence.
• Manage mailings and mail merges for Council and Committee Chairs.
• Receive, sort and distribute mail daily.
• Receive deposits and checks and maintain check log.
• Organize office supplies and straighten workroom regularly; place supply orders as needed.
• Help maintain content of website.
• Provide clerical assistance to President, President-Elect and Managing Director.
• Assist in maintaining JLN archives through building file of all current President’s marketing materials, invitations, etc. and in maintaining member files.
• Provide administrative support to Council VPs and committee chairs, as directed by the President and/or Managing Director.
• Provide assistance in the preparation of materials for membership meetings.
• Process member status change requests and reconcile AJLI rosters.
• Answers/monitor emails to Admissions and Membership Contact Form.
• Send e-blasts for special events and informational purposes as needed.
• Works directly with Vice President of Membership concerning membership issues.
• Works closely with the Transfer Committee, and Sustainer Transfer Committee, in providing them with new Transfer members’ information. This also entails sending welcome emails with online membership profile form, and sending new Transfer information to President and Transfer Co-Chairs.
• Generates reports from the Digital Cheetah database as requested by President, Nominating Chair and committee members.
• Assists in entering meeting attendance.
• Create new events on website for sign-up.
• May help create surveys and forms for website.
Development Duties/SHOP | SAVE | SUPPORT:
• Assist SHOP | SAVE | SUPPORT chairs through solicitation of retailers.
• Manages and has oversight of targeted e-blasts and webpage updates for SHOP | SAVE | SUPPORT.
• May assist in producing donor thank you letters for President and/or committee members to sign.
Development Duties/Spring Fundraiser:
• Gather data and reports for past giving.
• Provide spring fundraising chairs with up-to-date ticket sales and patron giving on a weekly basis.
• Enter all silent auction donations in Digital Cheetah; process credit card payments after event; work with silent auction chair to get all items picked up.
• Responsible for e-blasts, webpage updates and marketing assistance (if desired) for both print and digital marketing.
• Payment plan creation and maintenance for ticket and patron sales, combined with data entry into Digital Cheetah to reflect giving on member profiles.
• Must support the mission of the Junior League of Nashville and be visible within and outside of the League as one of only two paid staff members providing continuity for the League since volunteer leadership turns over each year.
• Has regular contact with all staff and volunteers; must be discreet in all dealings with member information.
• Ability to communicate effectively, patiently and courteously.
• Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once and to work positively and effectively within a team or self-directed model.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
• Well organized with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to perform light physical tasks consistent with an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Please email resume and cover letter to Amy Smotherman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior League of Nashville
2202 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215