Welcome to the Junior League of Nashville!
As we enter our 95th year of existence in the Nashville community, we look both to our past and our future as we move forward into another year committed to positively impacting the community we serve. We look to our mission that has sustained us, kept us focused and reminded us of the driving force of why, as members, we are part of this organization. We have demonstrated each year that we are an organization of women committed to:
- promoting voluntarism
- developing the potential of women, and
- improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
As an organization of women committed to honoring and celebrating diversity while focusing on shared values, we strive to be a vital presence in the Nashville metropolitan area – serving as a resource throughout the community to effect positive change, seek common ground and inspire hope. Any woman committed to improving her community, regardless of race, religion or national origin, is welcome and encouraged to join the Junior League of Nashville (JLN). At present, over 1,500 women in the metropolitan area are members. Throughout our history, the Junior League of Nashville has provided millions of volunteer hours and dollars to the community.
Our members look forward to engaging with and serving our Partner Agencies for the 2016 – 2017 year. We continue to promote voluntarism by providing members with various hands-on opportunities to serve our community with Done In A Day Projects. We constantly seek new ways to engage our membership – developing their potential and leadership through trainings, seminars, placements and practical experience.
In January of 2016, JLN voted to direct our efforts, over the next seven years, to making an impact in the areas of human trafficking and literacy, and continuing our work on childhood obesity through our Kids in the Kitchen program. We strive to develop partnerships and collaborations on projects and programs that will begin to improve the dim statistics of the overall health and wellness of the children in our area, illiteracy and the involuntary exploitation and trafficking of individuals. We will continue to educate our membership on the issues at hand, to train them in ways that can positively impact our community, and the problems we face.
Please explore our website to learn more about the Junior League of Nashville and how you can partner with us in our mission to improve the community through our focus areas:
- Prepare for holiday gift giving by purchasing our SHOP | SAVE | SUPPORT card offering 20% off at participating retailers from November 1 – 20th, 2016.
- We also welcome all to join us in celebrating our 95th Anniversary this year at our Gala celebration to be held April 22, 2017.
- Please check back to see dates for our Kids in the Kitchen events, addressing childhood obesity and nutrition, as well as our All Booked Up! program, a fun community experience targeted at improving cradle-to-career literacy in Tennessee. Proceeds from our events are used to directly support our community. We appreciate your support by attending our events.
- Request volunteers for your community events through our Done In A Day application.
Of course, the JLN could not support our community, our mission, and our members without the continued assistance of our sponsors, donors, friends and partners in this endeavor each year. During these difficult economic times, our donors and friends have been instrumental in helping us continue to serve out our mission. For every dollar given to the League, we are able to strengthen that gift with the added value of trained volunteers. As our vision statement says, “Together we have greater impact than we do individually.” The Junior League of Nashville truly appreciates the opportunities we have been offered to impact the lives in our community, our League and each other.
Junior League of Nashville
2016 – 2017