Since 1922, The Junior League of Nashville has welcomed new members, transfers from other Leagues and reinstatements. We are an organization of strong, diverse women committed to building a better Nashville. We look forward to getting to know you at our upcoming new member information sessions.
The League welcomes all women who value our mission, and we are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities. There is no deliberative process in the admission system.
The Junior League of Nashville is an organization of women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism. We welcome your interest in learning more about membership admission to the Junior League of Nashville.
Prospective members must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Live in the greater Nashville area
- Possess a commitment to voluntarism
- Attend a New Member Information Session in Spring 2022
- Tuesday, February 22 at 6:30PM – virtual
- Saturday, February 26 at 10:00AM – in person
- Tuesday, March 22 at 6:30PM – virtual
- Saturday, March 26 at 10:00AM – in person
- Sunday, April 3 at 2:00PM – in person
- Monday, April 11 at 6:30PM – virtual
- Monday, May 2 at 6:30PM – virtual
- Sunday, May 22 at 2:00PM – in person
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Junior League members obtain invaluable skills and experiences that empower them to punch above their weight as leaders in our local community and beyond. Here are a few of the areas in which members acquire skills or knowledge:
- Organizational development
- Community needs assessment
- Fund development
- Strategic planning
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A NEW MEMBER
Each year, the Junior League of Nashville trains a class of first-year members (Provisional members) to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community. Provisional members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them to learn about our League structure and community programs. This includes the following:
- Provisional Retreat
- General Membership Meetings (2)
- Trainings (2)
- Provisional Meetings (4)
- JLN Leadership Meetings (Board Meeting or Joint Council Meeting) (1)
- Members in Motion (1)
- Provisional Graduation
Provisional member dues are $325 (includes $100 training fee). A variety of payment plans are available. After your Provisional year, member dues are $225 annually. Provisional Members are encouraged to attend additional social and membership experience events.
TRANSFER YOUR MEMBERSHIP
We look forward to welcoming you to the Junior League of Nashville! Please contact your current League to request a transfer. Once your transfer has been initiated by your current League, we will be in touch with you. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REINSTATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Complete the Reinstatement Form, and we will be in touch to reinstate your Junior League of Nashville membership.