The desired community outcomes for JLN’s Literacy focus are:
1. Increase access to literary materials for at-risk children and their families.
2. Increase access to educational support programs for at-risk children and their families.
3. Identify and minimize the achievement gaps that exist for at-risk children in order to increase public support for initiatives that close those gaps.
The desired community outcomes for JLN’s Human Trafficking focus are:
1. Provide educational opportunities and informational materials to key influencers to raise awareness of the issue and promote the ways in which human trafficking can be prevented.
2. Increase access to programs that can prevent an increase in the number of human trafficking victims.
3. Increase access to programs that assist survivors of human trafficking to begin recovery.
Literacy Partners (continuing partners):
Book ‘Em: $7625 + volunteers working in classroom tutoring
McNeilly Center for Children: $7000 + volunteers coordinating literacy celebrations and family engagement as well as providing books to children and classroom assistance
Nashville Public Library: $5000 + volunteers
Preston Taylor Ministries: $1000 + volunteers providing one-on-one mentoring and after school and weekend events
Safe Haven Family Shelter: $6300 + volunteers serving at family fun nights and assisting with field trips
Youth Villages: $4500 + volunteers providing support to their tutoring program
Literacy Partners (new; volunteer support only; provided by Literacy Outcomes Committee Members):
PENCIL Foundation: one-on-one tutoring services for struggling youth
Youth Encouragement Services (YES): afternoon tutoring services
Human Trafficking Partners (continuing partners):
End Slavery Tennessee: $1050 + volunteers in direct services with the safe house and 10 volunteers working in advocacy
Oasis Center: $5000 + volunteers working in the shelter
You Have The Power: $5000 + volunteers in movie production, marketing, and presenting
Human Trafficking Partners (new; provided by Human Trafficking Outcomes Committee Members)
Thistle Farms: $7000 + volunteers working at cafe and training residents