2 in 3 Nashville 3rd Graders are not reading at grade level according to a study done by the Blueprint for Early Childhood Success. Through our partnerships with Book’em, Bongo Java and other non-profits in Nashville, this book drive helps provide new and gently used books to young children in our community.
Our goal is to collect 10,000 books to provide greater access to literacy in our community. Please bring new and gently used books to our drop off locations listed below March 29 – 31st.
Thank you for your support & help to increase literacy in the community.
- Book’em: 161 Rains Ave Nashville, Tennessee 37203
- Bongo East: 107 S 11th St East Nashville, Tennessee 37206
- Bongo Java Nashville: 2007 Belmont Blvd Nashville, Tennessee 37212-4405
- Bongo Java Roasting Co: 2809 Dickerson Pike Nashville, Tennessee 37207
- BOX Bongo + Bakery on 10th: 2229 10th Ave S Nashville, Tennessee 37204
- Fido: 1812 21st Ave S. Nashville, Tennessee 37212
- Grins Vegetarian Restaurant: 2421 Vanderbilt Pl Nashville, Tennessee 37212
- Iron Tribe Franklin – 507 Fair Street Franklin Tn 37064
- Junior League Headquarters: 2202 Crestmoor Rd, Nashville, TN 37215
- Jefferson Street Cafe: 1821 Jefferson St, Nashville, TN 37208
- Pure Barre Westhaven – 158 Front Street Franklin TN 37064
- Your Office – if you’d like to collect books at your office, please email us at email@example.com before March 20th and we will provide you with a book drive box and materials.
Our Annual Book Drive supports the Junior League of Nashville issue-based community focus on literacy through the establishment of strategic alliances, improve literacy outcomes for Nashville children and ensure that at-risk children and families have increased access to educational support programs and materials.
1. Increase access to literary materials for at-risk children and their families.
2. Increase access to educational support programs for at-risk children and their families.
3. Identify and minimize the achievement gaps that exist for at-risk children in order to increase public support for initiatives that close those gaps.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.