- Jenny Barker has been slated to serve at the President-Elect. Jenny has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2006. She began her League career by leveraging her public relations strengths to support the now retired ‘Tis the Season Holiday Marketplace She went on to complete three placements on the Home Board supporting the Monroe Carell Junior Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and then served as VP of MARCOM.
Jenny also received the Rising Star Award from the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI). She is currently serving another term on the Junior League Board of Directors as an Active Director.
Jenny’s community involvement extends beyond the Junior League of Nashville. She recently completed a board term with Nashville Cable, a premier leadership organization for women’s professional advancement, where she chaired its Executive Leadership Academy. Jenny has been a long-time supporter of Oasis Center and served two terms on its board. She is also a member of the Rotary Club of Nashville.
Professionally, Jenny has a background in communications and marketing. She is currently a Vice President at Reed Public Relations and previously served in PR and marketing leadership roles for Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center and TriStar Centennial Medical Center.
Jenny is a graduate of Lipscomb University and continues to give back to her alma mater as a professional advisor to its Department of Communications. She serves on the board of the Nashville chapter of the Public Relations Society of America and is a past recipient of the Nashville Emerging Leader Award (NELA) and the Nashville Business Journal’s 40 under 40.
Jenny, her husband, and seven-year-old daughter live in East Nashville. She is an avid reader and enjoys travel adventures with her family.
- Cara Deesehas been slated to serve as the EVP-Elect. Cara currently serves the league as the Vice President of Community, passionately leading a a lead of over 30 leaders to make an impact on the community. She has shown great commitment to the league and the greater Nashville community through her prior service as the You Have the Power Project Chair and the Done in a Day and Needs of Nashville, Needs of Nashville and You Have the Power Committees. She originally transferred to Nashville from the Tampa league where she began her work in Human Trafficking and has been a champion for JLN’s efforts in that Human Trafficking focus area throughout her time in the league in formal and informal ways. Cara is a dynamic and caring leader to all the women she leads.
- Maleah Stephenshas been slated to serve as the Nominating Chair-Elect. Maleah transferred into the JLN in 2012 and has since served on the (former) Club Twenty-Two committee as the treasurer-elect and treasurer. When Club Twenty-Two was transitioned into Shop Save Support (SSS) in, Maleah was a co-chair of the committee and was an instrumental part of the success of SSS that year; she used distinct skills to place committee members in groups where they would thrive best so the team could succeed. She has also served as the Membership Experience chair and on the nominating committee. Maleah will make a great nominating chair; with her extensive background and abilities to lead, she will certainly ensure the success of the next JLN slate.
- Michaela Morrisonhas been slated to serve as the Treasurer-Elect. Michaela has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2015 when she joined as a transfer. Since then, she has served as a project chair coordinator, transfer chair, and mentor program chair. She has also completed a double placement for the past three years, volunteering with End Slavery Tennessee.
- Elizabeth Woodhas been slated to serve as the Secretary. Elizabeth has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2016 when she joined as a transfer. Since then, she has served within the mentor program committee and the transfer committee. She also served as transfer chair-elect and Done-In-A-Day chair.
- Claudia Byershas been slated to serve on the Junior League of Nashville Board of Directors as an Active Director. Claudia has been a member of the JLN since 2013 and currently is serving at VP of Operations. She has also served for 6 years on Preston Taylor Ministries, two of which she was the Committee Chair. Claudia is an attorney for the State of Tennessee. Her league and professional experience will serve her well in the role of Active Director.
- Brooke Paschali has been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. She has served the league in a variety of capacities since her first active year in 2012. She currently serves on the Transfer Committee welcoming new members of the Nashville community to JLN. She made a significant impact at Preston Taylor Ministries where she served as the Project Chair for several years and then as a Project Chair Coordinator, managing many Project Chairs within the Community Council. In addition, she served on the Member Experience Committee, planning events and activities to enhance opportunities for member engagement. She offers depth and breadth of knowledge about the league from both the Community and Membership Councils as a 9-year member of the league.
- Ashley Woodhas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. She has been a committed and loyal member of the Junior League of Nashville (JLN) since her provisional year in 2016-2017. She has held multiple placements each year, always going above and beyond in her roles. She has been heavily involved in leading the league’s Human Trafficking efforts, currently serving as the Human Trafficking Public Awareness Chair, last year spearheading the community education event that the league hosted in January and serving on the End Slavery TN committee the year prior. She also currently serves as the Mentor Program Chair, fostering positive relationships between women within the league and has tripled league-wide mentorship relationships during this current league year. Ashley has been an active member for three years and has made a significant impact in all of them through the energy and commitment that she has shown for every project she has taken on to support the mission of the league.
External to JLN, Ashley serves as the Manager for Faculty Development Programming at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. She serves on the board of You Have the Power and actively volunteers with End Slavery Tennessee. Ashley currently attends the Cornell University Women’s Leadership Program, a year long certificate program for women in non-profit leadership and will complete the program in Summer 2020.
- Maggie DeVier has been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Maggie has been a member of the JLN since 2010 and has served as the EVP, Active Director, VP of Community, Home Board Chair, has been a mentor/mentee, just to name a few and is currently is the Chair of Kids in the Kitchen. She is a wife, mom to two boys and is a Clinical Pharmacist. Her league experience will serve her well as a candidate for the Nominating Committee.
- Nicole Jefferyhas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Nicole has been a member of the JLN since 2017 and currently serves as the Chair of the Awards and Recognition Committee. She has also served on the Marcom as the Online Communications Chair and was also chosen as a Council Representative in her first active year. By day she works in Tenant Relations and shares that one of her passions is helping place people in roles where their gifts can be used. This will serve her well as a candidate for the Nominating Committee.
- Ellie Lentz has been slated to serve on the Management a team as the VP, Membership elect. Ellie is a native Nashvillian and has been a member of the Junior League since 2016 and has served in various mentoring roles including most recently, Provisional Advisor. Professionally, Ellie has parlayed her passion for mentoring in roles as a Corporate Sales Manager and Catering Manager. Most recently, she opened the Hilton Hotel in Green Hills and was responsible for training staff and hotel management.
- Hannah Smithhas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Hannah joined the Junior League of Nashville in 2015. Since then, she has served as Provisional Advisor, Training Development Chair, and Membership Experience Chair. Hannah is also a 2016 graduate of the Junior League’s Young Leaders Council. Hannah is an attorney whose practice focuses on tax, estate, and business planning.
- Meredith Easonhas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Meredith has been a member of the JLN for several years and has served in many different roles, including Done-in-a-Day Chair, Project Chair Coordinator, VP of Membership, and many others. After serving in many leadership positions within the league, Meredith knows exactly what it takes to be in those positions. She will be able to utilize her previous knowledge and skillset on the nominating committee to ensure JLN is set up for continued success.
- Dana Bybeehas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Dana joined the Junior League of Nashville in 2010 and is serving in her second year as an Active Director on the Board of Directors. She also currently serves as the Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee. She has previously been the VP of Community, Training and Development Chair, Done-in-a-Day Chair, and a member on the Mentoring and ‘Tis the Season Committees. Professionally, Dana is the Director of Professional Services at Encoretech, a technology training and consulting company. In this role, she provides clients with consulting on software application rollouts, change management and project management.
- Jennifer Colquitthas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Jennifer joined the Junior League of Nashville in 2011 and is the current Sustainer Services Chair. She has previously served as the Transfer Chair, Book Drive Chair, Home Board Recording Secretary and as a Provisional Advisor. Additionally, she has been a member of the Membership Experience Committee, Community Impact Committee and Girls on the Run Committee. Outside of the League, she serves on the Board of Directors for the Governor’s Books From Birth Foundation, the Vanderbilt Chi Omega House Corporation, and the women’s leadership team for Midtown Fellowship. Jennifer spends her days as a personal assistant working for a family and in her free time enjoys playing tennis, cooking, and spending time with friends.
- Allison (Allie) Reedhas been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Allie joined the Junior League of Nashville in 2014 and currently serves as the Executive Vice President (EVP). She has been a member of the Mentor Committee and has served as the Awards and Recognition Committee Chair, Merchandise Chair, Annual Fund Chair, and a Renewal House volunteer. She has a Master of Education in Organizational Leadership and Bachelor of Arts from Vanderbilt University. She is the Director of Strategic Initiatives for Tivity Health and has previously worked for North Highland, HCA Healthcare, Huron Consulting and Tennessee Justice Center. She was nominated for the Junior League Rising Star Award in 2017, was a finalist for the Nashville Emerging Leaders Award and has participated in Young Leaders Council in Junior League in 2014.
- Jessica Hopsonhas been slated to serve as the VP, MARCOM-Elect. Jessica joined the Junior League of Nashville in 2012 and is the current Public Relations Chair. She has previously served as a MARCOM consultant, Provisional Advisor, Kid in the Kitchen Chair, 1st, year representative. She has also served on the Mentor Committee, Community Research Committee and Nashville Children’s Theater Committee. After graduating with a degree in Public Relations (PR) from Mississippi State University, Jessica moved to Nashville in 2008 and has worked in marketing and PR for non-profits, transportation companies and health care organizations. She lives in West Nashville with her husband and two pups.
- Kara Apel has been slated to serve as the VP, Community-Elect. Kara has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2015. Since then she has served in numerous capacities as Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt as a committee member, project chair-elect, and project chair. She has also served on the Needs of Nashville committee and as committee chair.
- Megan Kelly has been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Megan has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2016. She has served the League in a variety of capacities including gala silent auction chair, sponsorship and donations chair, provisional advisor, and members in motion chair.
- Ashley Corley has been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Ashley has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2016 when she joined as a transfer. Since then, she has served the League as a member of the transfer group and the All Booked Up committee. She has also served as All Booked Up co-chair.
- Samantha Brown has been slated to serve on the Nominating Committee. Samantha has been an active member of the Junior League of Nashville since 2016 when she joined as a transfer. Since then she has served the League in numerous capacities including transfer group, book drive, done in a day, and placement committee.